Friday, April 19, 2013

Searching for words


F
Flirting
Flirting with disaster that is 
I have been trying to give my Kid  a bit more freedom
She is only 11 soon to be 12
I know for a fact I did a lot more when I was her age
I wonder why I feel like I need to keep the hold so tight
Small steps I am taking
Saturday she was invited to go roller skating
Innocent enough sounding
But 
I won't be there 
And 
I am kinda afraid that the "mean girls" will be stalking 
Do I let her go and hope for the best
Or do I keep her home
Avoiding the drama and save it for another day
R
Remembering 
This week had been a crazy one in the States
First off 
All the craziness that happened at the Boston Marathon
And 
That continues this morning with many neighborhoods pretty much on a lock down
While the searching continues for the second suspect
Secondly
The small town of West, Texas
How horrible to basically to have your whole town leveled
To need to start your lives from scratch
While healing
Today marks anniversaries for 2 other horrible moments in our history 
Waco Texas standoff
And 
The Oklahoma bombing
Two events that I watched unfold on the television
I remember them clearly because one happened on my 16th birthday and the other my 18th 
So today I'll take a moment
To remember all of those who lost their lives 


I
Instagram
Taken last Saturday but including it in this weeks post
Better late than never


D
Dancing
Gonna dance my arse off this weekend
I might even look like Snoopy while doing it
But 
That is all right with me
A
Agree
I would agree with the following
However
The people lately in my local Target
Didn't get the memo


Y
Yawning
Because it is Friday evening
And
I'm all about being lazy tonight
And
Sleeping in tomorrow


Have a wonderful weekend!
 

1 comment: