Friday, April 5, 2013

i before e except after c...OH wait it's just Friday!

F
Farewell
 This week two people had their last moments with us here on earth
I did not know either personally
But 
I did grow up with them 

Jane Henson
Co-creator of the Muppets
I am so happy that my child has been able to enjoy the Muppets as I did and do
Thank you for the memories

I chose this picture because I think it shows his strong character
Roger Ebert
I remember watching him on Saturday afternoons
When I was younger
I find this funny now
Mainly because I don't really take critics opinions for much
Something about the dueling with his co-host that dragged me in though
When Roger Ebert first diagnosed with his cancer
I was amazed that with all that he went through
He kept working
And putting himself out there publicly
He could of just did his job from the shadows never showing his new face
But
He didn't
He told his story
He continued with his reviews
He was an outspoken man
Even after the actual ability of talking was taken away
 Waiting for your review of the hereafter

RIP to both of you

R
Recovery
On Monday
My daughter's great-grandfather (or as she calls him Poppop) had surgery
I happy to share that he seems to be doing good
He will probably stay in the hospital through the weekend
But
He is cracking his jokes and entertaining all the staff he comes into contact with
I took the Kid to visit on Thursday
These two are the best of buddies
And definitely can find trouble to get into if left to their own devices

I
Image
My new favorite image of the kid
I know I posted this picture in my last post


But 
It is still making me smile
So I am sharing it again

D
Drama
The drama of middle school
Ugh! 
I do not remember it being so bad
I feel for my Kid and the other kids 
Who have to deal with the nastiness that others seem to dole out
Not a big fan of the adults in charge at the school
I get it hormones and growing u
Don't call it a learning experience
I don't teach my child hate 
 I don't think telling her to just ignore it and learn from it is right either 
I do remember the school asking me to stay involved as a parent
 I now am asking you as the adult in the school   
To keep yourself involved
Every situation is different 
It is not always kids being kids

A
Almost
I almost had this post done before the end of Friday
I am getting better
Maybe next week
It will even be posted by Friday morning
Haha
Not promising anything though

Y
Yesterday
I decided yesterday
While in throws of looking for something
That I never found
I decided that I really really need to purge things
In all parts of my life
I have tried doing this before
But
I think this time I am really ready
To stop making reasons to hold onto things
I am going to tackle the bookshelves in the living room
Wish me luck


No comments:

Post a Comment