Friday, March 8, 2013

I'd like to buy a vowel

F
Frugal
So after a little bit of a spending spree
I'm getting back into frugal mode.
Menu planning,coupon cutting,bill slashing ,
Are all on my agenda 
To tackle this weekend.

R
Rook
Saturday a good portion of the day is reserved for the Kid.
She is participating in another Chess Tournament.
It's a very long day,boring day for me.
But
The Kid enjoys it.
These are her memories to make.
I tend to kill the time with above mentioned menu planning for next week.
Plus,
This year I have my new camera to play with,
Something I can look forward to do.

I
Information
Information overload with my new camera.
I figured though,
If I was willing to plunk down that chunk of change,
I might as well figure out the correct ways to use it.
Step up my picture taking skills.
Lots and lots of stuff to think about.

D
Downton Abbey
I have a whole season to catch up on.
I can hardly wait to get the chance to escape into that world.
Remembering a time where I made sure to be home to watch my shows,
Not so much anymore.
I enjoy being able to watch it when I want.
Only downfall,
Avoiding spoilers.
It is a risk I will take though to watch back to back episodes.
A
Allowance
This has been an on going discussion in our home.
I never received one.
But
My mom thinks I should give my Kid one.
How is that for irony.
I  think paying a child do keep their room clean is a joke.
They should just keep it clean.
If the Kid took it upon herself to do something
Like weed/clean out the car etc
I might throw her a couple of $$
However, just to give her money for taking care of normal household things seems silly to me.
What are your thoughts? 

Y
Yup
I read an excerpt of an article online this morning.
It was an article about Jennifer Lawrence talking about how middle school was hard for her,and
How she had trouble with some of the girls.
How sad is it that movie called Mean Girls ..
Is so darn true!
As a parent now of a middle school age girl,
 I completely understand what Jennifer Lawrence said in the article.
I might not have said it the same way to my Kid but,YUP! it is so true!
(sorry if the language offends)

 "Don't worry about the bitches. That could be a good motto, because you come across people like that throughout your life."
 via

I like that Jennifer Lawrence more and more!

Have  a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. it has been a while since I have been to your blog and I am so sorry! I was scheduling all of my posts so I haven't been on blog lately, but I like your new blog layout! and I like this post too, I think it's clever!

    Haha that's how my parents are! They never gave me an allowance but they're telling me that when I have kids I should give them an allowance!!!

    haha.

    what kinda camera did you get!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you for stopping by again.I bought a Canon EOS Rebel T3.

      Delete