Wednesday, February 20, 2013

When Spooning Goes Wrong

I left work early Friday 
The Kid had an appointment
The plan was I would meet her at the bus stop
Then book it to the appointment to get there by 330
That was the plan
It did not happen


What did happen
A few phone calls 
A bunch of confusion
And one really annoyed mom
By the end of it all

As I was saying my good-byes at work
My cell phone goes off
It is the Kid calling me 
(at this moment I think I knew the plans were out the window)
I could barely hear the Kid
I could tell she is on the bus by the all the noise
All I understood is that she was going to be late
Something happened on the bus
Cops are being called
And that it involved a 
spoon
Yes, I just said spoon

I tell her I will meet her at the bus stop
Now in the 5 minutes it takes me to get home
I get another call from the Kid father
He is now heading to the school
The Kid called him 
He informs me the bus is turning around and heading back to the school
Dad is now en route to the school as well to figure what heck is going on
(Sometimes, OK most of the time the Kid doesn't explain things well)
 Great!

So I pull up to our home
Call the Doctor's office to let them know I might be late
They want to know how late
At this point I don't know 
I estimate no later then 4pm
I'm put on hold

Then I get a text from the Kid
"Do not come to the school"
Um, to late your Dad is on his way
So I try to get in touch with him

The office finally gets back on the line
I will need to reschedule
Ugh
But I understand.

Kid texts me again
"Bus turned around.On our way home.Be there in a few minutes"
Of course! 
I call her Dad to let him know

2 minutes later
The Kid is home
It is 325pm

So what happened?
Middle school students
Being Middle school students
A little to loud for a Friday afternoon
 Plus a substitute bus driver
Gummy bears being thrown
Then it escalated to the heinous crime 
The crime that got the Cops called

Someone on the bus pulled out a
PLASTIC SPOON
 And threw it

This is why my Friday afternoon plans did not happen
All because of a freaking plastic spoon.

Let me end this by saying
I respect school bus drivers
I know it is a job that I could never do
However
I think there are some bus drivers out there who should not be driving
If your calling the Cops over a fight or and accident I get it
but over plastic ware?!?!


Am I wrong for being annoyed by this?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment