Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Shhh there might be a monster in the room

       Sorry for not being more attentive to you my little blog.Things have been insane in a good and bad ways,but I will not rehash all that. All things have settled down now and I can give you the attention I believe you deserve.Having a new lap top that finally works properly helps out too :)

       I think I have created a monster! I really have no one to blame but myself. My child is nearly eleven and has never had any real chores...ever. Lately, I have felt overwhelmed with life and found myself saying, " Kid, you need to help out more around the house'. I can not be annoyed by her lack of doing things when I have never let her let alone really ever asked her for help.

      She is a wonderful child.She keeps her room (fairly) clean.Her grades are great and she is complimented daily on her manners. I fear that she will continue to get older and just assume or expect things to be done with her, and like I stated before it would be my own fault.

      I'm a single parent so I work all day and then come home and continue my other full time job. I feel like I am always playing catch up on the house work. It seriously affects the quality time me and the Kid get to spend with each other. More fun time is needed. I just need some help!

       I'm not big on giving allowance. I kinda feel like no one is paying me for keeping the place tidy so why should I?! I know, very grown up of me. I have been scoping ideas that friends have posted in their homes as well as the many ideas I have seen on the web for chores/chore/charts.  I just don't know how I feel about the exchange of money for helping keeping OUR home clean.


     I guess my 2 main questions are:

             1- Is it too late to start a chore chart?

             2- Be honest...Am I just being cheap?


No comments:

Post a Comment