Monday, March 12, 2012

Always trust your insticts Weekend Recap

I'm gonna start this off with the heavy emotional part of my weekend.  Early Saturday morning I almost lost a dear friend who might as well be a sister to me. Danielle, was very pregnant and  any day was about to give birth. Early Saturday morning she thought that it was that time but very quickly she had this feeling that something was not right. Danielle, had her husband get their other children up and ready to go to the hospital but in those few moments her placenta ruptured and she started to bleed out on her bathroom floor. Thankfully, they live close to the hospital and by close I mean minutes away,because the nurses said minutes were all momma and baby had.

  My dear friend ended up having an emergency C-section. So emergent they couldn't even wait to g give her all the normal drugs for the C-section. The baby was delivered and whisked away. No cries were heard and my friend had to see her baby taken away without even getting to hold his little hand. Momma is dealing with some major pain and the separation from the baby has not been easy(baby is in a hospital over an hr away). He is now breathing by himself and the NIC nurses say he is a super feisty one. All good signs.  SO..when something doesn't feel right trust your instincts you never know if those few moments might could make a huge difference in the outcome.

Baby "B" day 2
Baby "B" day 1


Welcome to the world Baby "B". I love you all ready and I can't wait till you get to come home with your momma!







                                                                                                                                                                      You would think with all that going on that there would have been little else going on but it was a surprisingly jammed pack weekend. Thankfully there was a lot of good things blended with the heavy moments.





Friday my friend Stacy and I made some dinner and had some wine. We ended up walking to a local bar to meet up with some high school friends. It always seems like old times when we get together but to bad our bodies do not recover as quickly. I was one miserable cookie until about 4pm the next day.

Saturday, once the shock of the early morning had settled the weekend took on a much needed lighter note.

Even the napkins were cool
Stacy and I decided to take a little road trip to a mall about an hour away and do some retail therapy.Being that I felt so crappy it took awhile to get in the mood. So we grab some dinner and found a wonderful place called,THE STANDARD. It was like walking into an episode of MAD MEN. We had the most amazing dinner. I only wish I had taken more pictures of the interior it was so pretty kept waiting Don Draper to bring me a drink. How sweet would that be?! The new season of MAD MEN can not come sooner.
Sesame Crusted Tuna



















Lemon Fizz/I don't give a Rotterdam



Did some shopping not too much. Finally, got a new of kicks in a lovely shade of blue. I tend to lean to the white but  was not finding to many out there or better put any that I liked. Also grabbed a couple of new nail polishes ...super excited to try them both.
Reminds me of the color of Smurfs


While it was jammed packed weekend I'm most happy to know my friend Danielle and Baby "B" are both doing well.

Hoping that this week brings only better things for us all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment