Monday, July 8, 2013

Urge To Purge

Had the urge
To purge 
Well to be honest
I have had the urge 
For awhile
But 
Just slow to actually to get to the purging 
That all changed this weekend

The Kid and I 
Tackled her room 
With enthusiasm 
From me
And eye rolls from her
Since it was about a million degrees outside 
Going through stuff
In her air conditioned room
Was fine with me

We did get through
Tons
Of stuff
In the end
Even the Kid 
Was proud of all the stuff she purged

Two huge bags of trash
Three boxes of toys and books given to those in need
 Some  tugs at hearts strings
With struggles of things not quite ready to let go
However
We just put those things away
And 
Maybe down the road 
She will be OK with letting the things go
I am happy 
With the all that she was able to let go

Early in the week 
I met up with some friends 
One was visiting from Arizona
So we grabbed some mango margaritas
And boy
Let's just say 
Tasty
It was nice catching up 
Sadly 
It was the only night we  could get together while she was in town

 
On the 4th of July
The Kid enjoyed
Some pool time 
It was hot 
But after literally days of rainfall 
We enjoyed every ray and degree that was offered



 Later
Once the sun began to set
We grabbed our spots for some fire works
The Kid danced
While I snapped this shot
And while blurry 
I love it
 


 Hope everyone else enjoyed their weekends!
 

3 comments:

  1. Mango margaritas? Yum! It all sounds kind of perfect, even the cleaning part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually will only get a margarita on the rocks no salt....yup that is me. But the mango one I was served was seriously like dessert in a glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love just cleaning a whole bunch of stuff out!
    but it looks like you had fun with your friend and also on the 4th!
    I am happy for you!
    have a wonderful day!
    much love,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete