Friday, April 6, 2012

Not the news I wanted to hear but it is news...

My Kid has had a limp going on for months. I noticed it right away and would ask all the time why she was walking that way? Did you hurt yourself etc. Always the answer No! I'm not limping. Mid way through her basketball season she started limping enough that others noticed it and the Kid would complain it bothered her every now and then.

Spoke to her Doctor about it and he didn't seem overly concerned. It did not help that the day he saw her she was limping to bad and she acted like nothing was bothering her . UGHH!  So it was chalked up to growing pains. The Doc did not want to order any x-rays at the moment because her didn't want to expose her ovaries to any radiation if we could avoid. I can understand this. I work in a radiology dept. so I see the amount of unneeded x-rays orders everyday.

This week if the Kid did any type of activity she was in so much pain by the end of the day she did not want to get off the couch. So off to the Doc again to push for an x-ray. I at least needed something to be ruled out. So after examining her again ,this time you could see the pain in her face we left with a script for some blood work and x-rays. Doc basically said he did not believe it would show any thing other then she probably needs to stretch more before any physical activity. WHATEVER! The statement obviously pissed me off a bit but I had the scripts so off we went.

So Thursday after work I went and got the Kid and brought her back to my job to get the x-ray done before the Radiologist left for the day.We were just about to leave to get the blood work that had been ordered as well when Dr K the Radiologist came and found me and told me we needed to talk. I am sure my eyes got huge. I was thinking oh wow maybe something is broken. We went to his office where he gave me the technical term and then showed me on the x-ray what the issue is. Dr. K said I needed to get appointment with an orthopedic surgeon sooner than later.  The Kid does not have any broken bones just a hip bone that is aligned improperly. Dr. K explains to me that it might need a pin to be repaired.

BREATH BREATH, do not cry the Kid is standing right next to you. I have a very smart 10 year old but I could tell that she did not grasp all of what was being told to us. To say that I wasn't stunned would be lying but I was also grateful that we finally knew the issue. However all of this new information I am just trying to process. Until I talk to the Orthopedic doctor its a whole lot of what will this all involve and how will it affect my Kid.

I made the earliest appointment I could get (which is for Monday),and now the family and I will do our best to keep a 10 yr old from doing anything other sit this holiday weekend. Made it through today, 2 more days to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment