Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My hero

My Kid is my hero! She amazes me right now with her strength. Besides having to get a screw put into each hip on Friday we also found out that her thyroid tests came back abnormal. So abnormal that her Primary doctor and her surgeon had an appointment made with a Pediatric Endocrinologist for her on Monday.

She is moving herself around on crutches slowly and as little as possible but the fact that she can walk and go up and downstairs is crazy to me. You wouldn't even really know that she had surgery if you saw her sitting on the couch with her big cheesy grin. The hardest thing for her to do right now is to just let her body rest. She fights her tiredness...until she basically passes out. 

 

 I felt bad having to drag her out to the appointment Monday but I knew it was a much needed. We met the new Doctor that will be in her life. She was super nice and I loved how she explained to my daughter what was going on to her body. I always hated when I was younger and doctors acted like you were not in the room and talked over you.

The Doctor explained that my daughter has something called Hashimoto's Disease which is an autoimmune disease. Scary sounding but Doc said if she had to pick thyroid issue for herself this would be the one cause it can be treated with one little pill a day. The Kid's thyroid has basically stopped working all together and that this has been going on for months . The Endocrinologist was very happy that the Surgeon thought of the possible connection because the longer this had gone undetected the worse off my Kid could have been.

 With all this new information my head has been in somewhat of haze. My Kid is doing great and that is what matters the most to me. In a few months my girl is going to feel like a whole new person. With more energy than she will (or I will) know what to do with.  

 One more thing the Doc told us was to expect a big growth spurt.Kinda glad I didn't buy her to many new summer clothes.lol.

2 comments:

  1. wow this is so awesome. She is now my hero as well.
    seriously. this is so encouraging!
    ~morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morgan. She is truly a great Kid and I am glad to call her my own :)

    ReplyDelete